MY EMPIRE... Poem dedicated to the self-centred!!



MY EMPIRE....

ME... I AM
The centre of my world
The centre of your universe
No time to spare
Thinking
About
Anything
Beyond
My
Horizons!!
Your wants and needs
Will not impact
NO
This is all about
ME
My Empire
What makes me tick?
Tell me...
What can you do for me?
Are you part of my solution?
Or part of my problem?
Tread carefully lest
I chew you up and spit you out!


ME... I AM
The centre of my world
Problems of the real world
Simply don’t exist
Wrapped up in the bondage of self-importance
Wrapped up in the bondage of self conceit
Swathed in layers of self delusion
The ultimate invisible prison
Even Houdini would not be able to release
Himself from bonds such as these
The vice grip of discontent has its day
For peace cannot enter a hardened heart
Joy cannot spread her clipped wings
To love oneself is a blessing from God
But to idolise oneself is a true affliction
Freedom can only exist through love.
Walk in the love
Walk in the light.

Jaz McKenzie 2010 ©
If you would like your work featured on our blog send to itsbraap@live.co.uk

Comments