Tale of Two Raindrops... complexity within simplicity!!

'Tale of Two Raindrops’

Verse 1… OBLIVION

If I were a rain drop
I'd fall out the sky
and be gone
in the >>blink<< of an eye!




No worry
No ‘pain
To gain’

No tear
To trickle
From my eye

No smile
To trace
Across my face

No emotion
No commotion
No devotion


Just a raindrop
Simply a raindrop
Drop then stop!

Fuck it even a raindrop can fly
So why, oh why, can't I????



Verse 2… FEELING

And if you were a raindrop
I would pray
For a gentle breeze
To blow you my way
And land you gently
On my forehead
Feeling your cold
Path progress
Rolling
Swiftly
Down
The bridge
Of my nose
Balancing
Teasing
On the turned up tip
A second or two
Then D-R-I-P

*
*
*
You would free-fall
Landing on my lip
And I would reach up
With my tongue
And absorb you
For the time has come
When two become one
A raindrop no more
But a living breathing life-force
In full-flow
WOW… isn’t this the best way
For a raindrop to go?

Jaz McKenzie 2008 ©

If you would like your poetry featured on 'Its Braap~Its Life' please contact itsbraap@live.co.uk

Comments