PUT THE KETTLE ON!


Q~ What can you do while you're making a cup of tea???
A~ write a poem!!


PUT THE KETTLE ON!

Quick put the kettle ON NOW
Daaaam it- I neeeeed a cup of tea
Fresh brew, hot- just the ticket
Not the last resort
Not a matter of habit
Forget tradition- after all
China & India are just as attached to their cuppa
As we British & drink it ceremonially
NOT ME
No just tea, from the kettle to the cup
No time for teapots & sitting around
Awaiting a perfect brew
By the time I finish this poem it’ll be done
And I’ll gulp it down... maybe make another one
NO... I think I’ll drink a little more slowly
And watch the TV... congrats to MO Farrah
And plenty more to come later
Jamaica or USA... we’ll have to wait & see
Quick... grab the cuppa & drink it up
Otherwise- I’m stewed!


Jaz McKenzie 2012©



Comments