Who Am I~ Poem by Jaz McKenzie


Life is definitely a journey and at times we understand ourselves whilst at others we are confused by our emotions, behaviour, circumstances or so on. I think there are three main seasons that we travel between: Joy, contentment and pain; in differing degrees of severity. When we come to believe that we know ourselves, sometimes things happen to challenge that belief. Our world can literally be rocked as we find ourselves in unfamiliar territory where, on occasion, we might feel numb and inadequate. The alternative is much better, we feel strong, joyful and very much alive. This short poem is written to convey the challenge of life.
 
Who Am I?
Once upon a time I thought I knew
But as time unravels I see myself anew
The complexities of life come into play
So I’m no longer the ‘Me’ of yesterday
Emotions whipped like the wind
And tears, a spray
From the misty sea of dreams relay
With unfailing certainty
That the circle of life
Creates circles in me.

Jaz McKenzie ©2014

 

 

 

 

Comments