Imagine Dragons - Believer



It's a long time since we've considered a very popular commercial song however this song has a powerful feel and message. There are many songs that encourage us to strive and achieve but I like the way 'Believer' is sourced in pain and has a slightly different feeling of victory. It states its points number by number whilst personal power reigns- exactly as it should.

'Second thing 
Second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh
The master of my sea, oh ooh...'

We so often feel 'all at sea' and mastery of our own waves is a must. Life is tempestuous. Just as we taste victory another wave comes straight at us and knocks us over. This is what life is- one area sorted and another challenge appears. Most of us require support and advice- in this song it's not clear who the 'you made me a believer' is, however there's a part of ourselves that we can can rely on in every situation- the key is developing self trust. The greatest belief we can ever have is within ourselves and the more we follow our instincts the greater that belief becomes. Time to sail your ship across the seas and really understand the power of the message.  In my opinion this is a truly great song.

Jaz McKenzie

Comments