I Am- The poem I need to write!

This little character is one of my beautiful grandchildren.

'I Am' is a poem that has been sitting for a few years in drafts. I just went through the blog to clean it up and complete some of the posts that have remained unpublished. I chose to finish writing and editing today's poem which summarises my learning. I consider it powerful as we are never complete, and hope you gain something from it.

I AM
I am more than I am at this moment in time.
Because all you can see is the tip of the iceberg,
and even I don't know what lies in the deepest depths
within my higher consciousness.

I know what I perceive to be the fundamentals
of my personality- and feel free to disagree
if your understanding and experience have revealed
aspects of me that my perspective is prone to deny.

I believe more and more, with the passage of time,
that my status and outlook have been
fashioned by myriad situations unseen,
spanning centuries and numerous lifestyles.

Yet I can only recall a glimpse of a past life.
Being in attendance at a Royal court,
possibly a jester or scribe, one quick moment,
a flashback arising during meditation.
 
Just once I enjoyed an astral journey,
spending the night chatting on a beach
in the West Indies with a young Rastafarian
whose name I recalled for many years.

As a child I was taught to take responsibility 
for my actions, but have since learnt
that all actions are at the mercy of thought.
We are what we think and in our word lies power.

To understand, acknowledge and absorb 
took years. Finally, I am watering seeds,
actively nurturing a fruitful future 
instead of tending barren land.

So this is the poem I need to write, 
keeping in sight my own truths. 
With my feet firmly on the ground,
superconscious alert and free.

I have developed a deep understanding:
I can become who I AM destined and desire to be.

Jaz McKenzie  ©2022

Over to you!!! Do you have a great story to tell? What have you overcome and how? Are you organizing an event that you’d love to share? Have you written an article, poem or short story you would like featured? If so, please contact me with brief info via my Facebook Group Its Braap and I will get back to you.

Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician 


Comments