New Moves~Sharing our journey and more- you know those frustrations!


Now we have Its Braap TV, one of the principle things I have decided to do is include you all in our journey, so check out a new initiative in the video... in action! 

People love finding out about real lives- successes, failures and challenges, hence the incredible number of reality shows that have emerged during the past few years. I recently discovered The Drop, a show about street fashion which has been very interesting. There are always tips and tricks, good advice and so forth in all of these shows, along with many mistakes that the contestants make. The good thing is that we can really learn from one another when we have the mindset to do so, and also the humility because it can be devastating when facing a barrage of criticism. The one person whose advice I am always taking on board is Ru Paul. My top phrase from the show is, 'What other people think of you is none of your Goddam business.' When we become immersed in other people's opinions it can sap the energy from us. Note- OPINIONS, not constructive criticism based on a wealth of experience. Opinions can be founded in positive or negative energy so are not necessarily objective. 

Its Braap~Its Life has been here for over a decade, originally as a hobby, so embracing the basics and moving forwards is a serious challenge. I want people to know how frustrating it can be for all of us at times, so am putting some of my challenges and frustrations out there because there is usually a solution, and I want people to be able to witness the progress and say, I can do that! One recent example, it took me several attempts and considerable time to create the banner for You Tube and there are many other areas I have yet to master. Even though I have taken courses on different subjects including Social Media Marketing, times are always changing and if you don't use it you lose it. Fact.

Fortunately, what I do have are very helpful people around me who are happy to advise and assist when needed- Give thanks for that. Yes, there are things we can work out for ourselves but on other occasions we can save so much time by asking for advice or delegating tasks. This is something that is key in coaching, an area I am currently studying- know your limitations and avoid frustration by being open to help. Pride really does not serve you and your ego can become a real enemy. I wrote a poem years ago called, Piranha in the Goldfish Bowl, and still feel that the piranha represents our self saboteur, trying to destroy our best efforts. That piranha will always be swimming around so our job is to avoid feeding it. What exactly does that mean? When we realise our thoughts or feelings are going off course and trying to bring us down we need to reign them in and what this requires is practice. I can assure you that it is possible to gradually make changes, having done so in different areas of my life. It's a matter of going one thought at a time, acknowledging it and moving quickly to a better thought. Sometimes, it is simply a case of going to bed! Refusing to deal with things when you are exhausted, angry or unwell is an acceptable strategy. When actions are taken instantly they are often ill considered and come across as retaliation which can escalate a situation instead of helping to heal it.

This brings me to another point. Some of the things above I have said before. In the past, I have always tried to avoid repeating myself, yet, the best teachers out there constantly deliver the same message, so let's learn from the best! Our brains grasp very little first time round but when we repeat things they begin to sink in. Sadly, human nature causes us to repeat the negative patterns; I guess downhill is easier than uphill, and with negativity being a low vibration and positivity, a high one, it is easy to see why. Well, I hadn't thought of that before!

Life is an interesting journey, and a song created by Shan Ako, Xfactor 2018, comes to mind- 'You Get Back what you put into it.' I believe it is good to make that our daily mission, put in as much as you can on any given day and yes, sometimes we're feeling on top of the world and not so on others however nothing is constant, so just do the best you can! If you're currently struggling with exhaustion or longterm illness, check out my video, 'How to Handle Exhaustion.' Have a great week everyone.

Over to you!!! Do you have a great story to tell? What have you overcome and how? Are you organizing an event that you’d love to share? Have you written an article, poem or short story you would like featured? If so, please contact me with brief info via my Facebook Group Its Braap and I will get back to you. And subscribe to our YouTube channel at  Its Braap TV

Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician 



Comments