Count Your Blessings- Taking a look at friendships & a bit of my life!



Patrick Boothe, besides being an outstanding musical talent is a good friend of mine. I was reminded of this earlier today when I played his new track; an awesome cover of 'How Am I Supposed to Live Without You.' Unfortunately I couldn't find this on Patrick's YouTube channel but whilst there I took a trip down memory lane and came across the 'Willow Tree' interview I did with Lovella Ellis to promote her cover version of her Father Alton Ellis's song which Patrick produced. I also discovered Patrick's version of one of my all time favourites 'Let's get it on,'... incidentally Patrick opened for Marvin Gaye back in the day! Through Patrick I met Reggae artist Tinga Stewart which was an unforgettable experience and an honour! Naturally I have interviewed Patrick so read more about this musical genius here.

Patrick- a musical genius!!
This whole thing got me thinking. I miss spending time with Patrick, so how come our friendship drifted? I can't answer that because, as is the case with so many friendships, nothing of significance happened. Patrick was there when my life turned upside down and now he's somewhere in the background- not good. Patrick was a strong support when my life seriously hits the rocks and I guess we lost touch somewhere during my very slow recovery process that took place over the next few years.

With Diania & guys at Southend Village Green Festival 2017

There have been many people whom I have worked with closely for a long period of time and those I have known as personal friends who simply faded away. Tippa Irie & Peter Hunnigale are two of these which is a shame as they're genuine, hard working people who I used to converse with regularly... so when/how did it stop? No clue! Onto the ladies-Lady Diania, C.O.E. of Music Media Management and Zeena Banks- award winning Dancehall artist, both good friends who I saw a lot of but now we rarely cross paths however Zeena & I did have a great time at her recent Birthday picnic- pick up the phone now Jaz!

Zeena Banks- Warrior Goddess & winner of  'A song For Jamaica 2017'
On the non-music front my very good friend Margot moved to Australia a few years back- I have no idea how come we don't speak but I guess things just happen! I do miss her and hope all's good in her world. Maybe we'll meet again- Sydney awaits!

Missed seeing David & crew recently due to a prior engagement- but soon soon!
Thinking aloud- some of this is due to location now that I have moved into a less accessible area just outside London and don't have a car; which highlights a key fact- friendships require effort and energy. I guess that when we lose sight of this it is easy for friendships to drift.

Artists Tim Stocks & Oliver Yu Chna

How come this happens? We tend to focus energy where it is needed, business and personal, so other areas of our lives can be neglected inadvertently. Life moves on therefore some people we lose whilst others come into our lives- a very necessary cycle, particularly when we wish to expand our minds, abilities and experiences.

Talking business with Sire, Mic and Kenan who took the pic!
These totally awesome guys are part of my new 'family,'  being a caring, supportive bunch of business people- thrilled the universe has presented this outstanding opportunity where I'm in the midst of amazingly driven guys. This has awakened me to a truth- I am also totally driven because we attract who we are. Everybody pictured today is 100% energy and set on achieving their goals. Take a close look- Diania's new logo is shown above and her website is coming soon! Zeena works consistently hard to keep building her status, as does Reggae singer Michael Arkk (below); Michael is brother to Mozez (Zero) who founded Numen Records. Michael has a new song, 'Come Over Tonight' out on Soundcloud now.  Tim and Oliver are highly talented artists who I have known for a few years and both aspire to fame. Now to David who was the chef at my workplace. David has phenomenal charisma and makes a name for himself wherever he goes and last time we spoke a couple of years back was starting his own business.

Currently I'm fired up as my new venture gives people such power over their own lives- very exciting! Whilst being totally focused I am determined to nurture and maintain friendships.  I really desire for my good friends and other totally committed people to have a shot at this opportunity by finding out more as anyone can fit this into their lifestyle- message me on Facebook. to find out more! Thanks to this opportunity I now know I'll finally get to meet the good friends I've known since the Myspace days of 2007. The online world has changed my life totally. Michael, pictured here with Zeena, was the first online friend I actually met and we are good friends today- in fact Michael and I went to an awesome event recently in association with the new venture.

Add caption
Being a people person I want to ensure that the people I value stay close. Now that my head is clear I'm doing a much better job of it! At this time in my life I 'm finally able to dream 'Real' so can confidently say that I will achieve my goals and meet the people who are important to me. America awaits- actually I went to NY a few years back and met Cheri, Myspace friend- just a long weekend but WOW was that exciting!


 There are many people who have inspired me deeply since 2007. My key people are Gypsy, a wicked guitarist from NY and Najashi from LA, whose band is called Dread Daze. Dread Daze play a mix of genres and I blogged their video 'Protection' previously. Interestingly we go full circle now as Patrick recorded me reciting my poem 'Peace In,' based on Najashi's constant blessing. I would have  liked to meet Gypsy last time in NY but the timing was imperfect. He is phenomenal and has made tremendous strides in his journey, particularly since recording this video which is one of the best and extremely individual motivational speeches around. Gypsy- Occupy your own space!



The universe is such that Patrick just called! I have literally joined the dots and realised the he and Errol Kennedy (Imagination) whose bio I wrote recentyly were co-embers of successful band Midnight Express! What a small world this is as I met Errol through my very good friend Macky McPherson, C.E.O. of Urban Delight Ent. and have been to a couple of events with him.

Life is just amazing. I can't believe that amongst my friends I have friends who make music that truly impacts the world. Friends who are actors, artist, poets,. It's mind blowing stuff.  Funnily enough everyone on here except David came into my life via internet connections.So thank you universe- Do you know just how awesome this feels!!!

Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician

Comments