Taking Risks in Fashion- article by Fashion Designer Sigrun!

 

Photo credits: Mariana MA

The journey of being a designer is anything but simple or easy and it is very far from glamorous. It is a very slow process that takes a lot of patience and it is what I often call, a very expensive hobby. With time comes experience and knowledge and one must adapt and change in accordance with your goals. 

As a result of my "changing" to fit a bigger picture, I closed my online retail shop and decided to focus on wholesale. In a short amount of time, I have one shop in Iceland and one in Norway who now stock my designs and I have plans for more to follow. 

The shop in Iceland is called The Nordic Market Nordicmarket and is located at a prime location at no 51 Laugavegur, 101 Reykjavik. That shop stocks my animal jewellery (when I have any but they sell pretty fast), various clothing, bags, candles etc - and some of my couture wear from previous shows. 

Yesterday, the Black Raven sold to an anonymous buyer and so it is clear that it will never be photographed by me again. Many of my photography friends have photographed it and it has both grazed the red carpet in London and been worn in concert by one of Iceland's greatest superstars Bríet. It took me days to make and in total, 3000 feathers were double stitched to the skirt. Thank you Black Raven for the photos and the memories, now it is time you fly to a new home. ❤️ Now I just need about 5000 brown ones for an image in my head... 😇


Who is Sigrun? This is easily answered at surface level directly from her Facebook titles.

A huge thanks to Sigrun for allowing me to share this post. I find her story fascinating and hope we will be able to explore this further.

Over to you!!! Do you have a great story to tell? What have you overcome and how? Are you organizing an event that you’d love to share? Have you written an article, poem or short story you would like featured? If so, please contact me with brief info via my Facebook Groups and I will get back to you: 

Its Braap  What's Up Jaz   

Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician


Comments