NEW YEAR SPECIAL: 5 Scientific Rules for Making & Breaking Habits in 2023! ~ Stephen Bartlett


Welcome Braapers and here's to a very happy and successful 2023! I am sharing this video to give us some encouragement which we can take with us throughout the New Year and beyond. I usually do a post of my own, however, the level of value in this content is exceptional so I decided it would be very selfish of me if I fail to share it. You will discover a wealth of information as Stephen is extremely well read and can do your own research as Stephen mentions his sources.

I started following Stephen Bartlett earlier this year. He has some truly awesome guests, but on this occasion Stephen shares some of his in-depth research about setting New Year Resolutions, making it the perfect video to study as we are focusing right now on the things we wish to achieve. I have listened to this twice already, and, as the title suggests, Stephen has excellent information that can really help us change our habits to become successful- that is what it's all about. You can't just delete a habit, you need to replace it with a better one; something I realised a long time ago, and here we have the science behind the facts.

The first important fact I picked up on is that if you set a New Years Resolution you are more likely to achieve it within the first 6 months than if you just set goals. So, this year I have set a couple of resolutions as the mind blowing figures are in the video! The problems come during the second half of the year and this is the area Stephen tackles, his advice applying to any goal. What I really appreciate is the way Stephen interlaces scientific studies and explanations in a very clear way so that we can understand exactly what he is speaking about. This makes it much easier to apply in our own lives. 

My second huge take away pertains to will power. You will be pleased to discover that our will power is actually limited so it's not so much that we fail, we literally run out of will power when it has been over stretched. Now this made me feel a whole lot better, less of a failure when I can't maintain discipline in the way I would like. No wonder that chocolate biscuit looks so appealing at the end of a long day! Once again, evidence is included to back this up as a fact.

I have saved this video to a playlist as it has ongoing value and I think it is good to be able to return to it easily. I hope you will feel the same way and be able to incorporate aspects of Stephen's advice to help you make real changes in your lives.

Tomorrow I will record a video for Its Braap TV to put my own slant on 2023, which has a very positive feel about it. Bless and have a very prosperous New Year~ Jaz

Over to you!!! Do you have a great story to tell? What have you overcome and how? Are you organizing an event that you’d love to share? Have you written an article, poem or short story you would like featured? If so, please contact me with brief info via my Facebook Group Its Braap and I will get back to you. And subscribe to our YouTube channel at  Its Braap TV

Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician 



Comments