The Claw~ A poem about digging deep inside, shadow work and our feelings. ~ by Jaz McKenzie

 

iStock image

THE CLAW

I feel so disappointed when I’m reaching for the ceiling

And find myself slap, bang, wallop on the floor

Once again, my emotions left me reeling

Drained of energy, initiative, knocked back by the claw

The claw that’s attached to my monkey brain

Digging, Digging, Digging

Digging once again-into the murky depths of my mind

Looking for every little thing it can find

Things I had forgotten, lying beneath the surface

Things once arisen that make you feel worthless

Things that make you angry and things that make you cry

A million distractions to stop you flying high

 

The issue here, I know the indisputable truth

There are people in our world who are the living proof

That we can overcome emotions when we try really hard

It just takes a lot of work before you own the perfect yard

And every single morning you have to clear your space

Set up a great vibration and keep moving at a pace

Which enables you to access the most important things

Eventually those feathers will sprout into wings

So, deal with all your shadows, your dark moods and the pain

Allow the sky to open and drench you in rain

Wash the past away but hold on to the lessons

Then you can focus forwards and claim your personal blessings

 

Every so often you’re bound to feel the claw

Dig. Dig, Digging- it’s so hard to ignore

But you must trust the process. You need to understand

The claw is essential to help unveil your hand

We are here to learn the lessons that help us grow

As an individual person there are things you need to know

You have to test your boundaries, integrity and strength

If you want to claim success you must go the whole length

And sometimes you will need to run the extra mile

Despite sweating and grunting you should finish with a smile

Because your dream is your dream, your vision, your blessing

So, keep momentum going, don’t spend too long resting

 

Let the claw dig, dig deeply in your soul

Unveiling all the issues that help you become whole.

Jaz McKenzie ©2023

Just recently everything seems sent to challenge me. Today I was relaxing when suddenly I received a phone call to ask if I minded about something. With a jolt, I was taken straight back to the original situation that had occurred around this time last year, and the previous anger which I thought I had put to rest re-emerged. I do not like being disrespected and without going into detail, it opened up a hornets nest. I'm now going to have to revisit it and try to remove my emotions and be logical about everything, but this is not easy. Right now I want nothing to do with it.

Only two days ago I started some exercises in a book about shadow work- dealing with the darker or 'shadow' side of my character. You have to study various aspects of yourself and how you really feel about things. Funnily enough this actually relates to exercise #1! Unfortunately the incident in question has become so dramatic I want nothing more to do with it-EVER. To other people it might seem unimportant, but it was a direct insult and when this is delivered by someone who is prominent in your life it's a real slap in the face. I have such a dislike of drama yet I couldn't ignore it and the daaaam thing got bigger, feeding off different people's energies including my own. The funny thing is, I wrote this poem a few days ago to reflect how I've been feeling and here we are with that claw wedged firmly inside me. I guess I have to work through it and find some forgiveness somewhere which I'm not quite ready for! This is what human means- you can't just shake things off and pretend nothing happened. Everything you fail to deal with will resurface, so maybe I should have dealt with it better at the time.

I think I'm going to take a long bath and play some music or something to start re-aligning my energy because right now meditation is not going to work. Think I'll re-read my poem too because it has a great deal of truth in it. We came here to experience the whole range of human emotions, see what we tolerate, what we don't and many other things besides, so I can't stay mad- it was a choice after all as is our reaction. The more we react the more emotional healing is required.

Well, we're about to enter a new week, soI hope you are all able to deal with your gremlins if that's on your agenda! I'm returning to the shadow work. As I said in the poem, we have to trust the process regardless of what it throws our way. I might make a video recording of this poem and put it on YouTube later this week, let's see.

Over to you!!! Do you have a great story to tell? What have you overcome and how? Are you organizing an event that you’d love to share? Have you written an article, poem or short story you would like featured? If so, please contact me with brief info via my Facebook Group Its Braap and I will get back to you. And subscribe to our YouTube channel at  Its Braap TV

Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician 


 

 

 

 

 


Comments