Don't push yourself ~Back yourself!- first of Our Morning Minutes.


Hello Braapers! (Be Ready And Act Promptly)

I'm hoping you will all enjoy my new initiative and listen to the daily videos I will be sharing each week day. The idea is to give you a little something to think about on your way to work or while you are doing whatever you're doing. As I said earlier this year, I'm fully committed to growing Its Braap into the brand it deserves to be, and there is so much scope once the universe helps put things in place. As most of you know, this happens when we back ourselves, do the work and go full out to bring our vision to life. I will return to the slightly longer chats too, but not yet on a regular basis as there are so many things needing my attention right now.

What I am really pleased about is the way people are showing their support, and this weekend I will be sharing a video from Samantha Hollins, AKA Ghetto Songbird, in which she updates us all on her latest projects. I have featured Sam twice before: Bringing Rock and Roll from Philly to London and also on her second visit to Troubadour, playing alongside the wonderful Ese and the Vooduu People. Both of those evenings live on in my memory- and I don't have the best memory!

We will be continuing with #Africa Trending, a series which came about courtesy of Dean Brown, and also guest contributor Mamadou Diop, whom we featured originally in 2016. I like this series which shares different aspects of African culture including food, fashion and wise words. Dean will also be creating a short video about an upcoming event for us.

I created Its Braap because our daily lives are simply full of inspiration and the people I've met along the way are incredible. Not just with regards to the arts, which is where this all started, but also included are people who do amazing things to benefit others. Verral Paul-Walcott is one of the most phenomenal people I have come across who is not so much a powerful voice in his community, although he certainly speaks up, but he does things that make a real impact. Verral gets on his bike and delivers commodities to the homeless- but he's no longer just one person, now he has a team; in fact, there is so much momentum going now it's mind boggling. We definitely need to hear from Verral before long so all our Braapers are in the know! Verral's strap line is: 'Giving those in poverty and Homlessness a voice. Isn't it great that Verral is achieving so much more and actually putting their issues on the map so to speak. When he gave the homeless Easter Eggs to help them feel recognised and part of the celebrations, I thought WOW- that had to be one of the deepest form of empathy.

As I said before, I nearly gave Its Braap up at one point. It can be frustrating doing articles about people which they do not fully support- Yes, we'll get a thank you but not necessarily comments on the blog or shares/likes/ joining Its Braap TV etc. Thankfully, Its Braap will move forward due to the dedication of the people mentioned today and those who have supported us faithfully over the years. Urban Delight Ent who we will continue to wok with, not to mention many individuals and also projects. This year we will continue to follow 'Odile,' May Film Works, which excites me to the core as you will see when you read the article. Its Braap will also be featuring art once again and continuing with fashion- possibly even introducing book reviews, so if you would like to contribute to any of these or have something of interest, let me know. You can make a quick video on your phone and send it to me on Facebook to take a look at- after all, it doesn't has to be perfect. 

That said, please continue to tune in regularly, Join Its Braap TV- bookmark the page and all the rest! Thank you~ Jaz.

Over to you!!! Do you have a great story to tell? What have you overcome and how? Are you organizing an event that you’d love to share? Have you written an article, poem or short story you would like featured? If so, please contact me with brief info via my Facebook Group Its Braap and I will get back to you. And subscribe to our YouTube channel at  Its Braap TV

Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician 


Comments