So you think you can fly? Try using this non-guided meditation- fascinating stuff!

 

Welcome Braapers~ Be Ready And Act Promptly!
I'm flying right now and am playing this music while I'm typing to keep in touch with the amazing experience received throughout this meditation. I must add that this is my go-to music in times of stress as it emits exceptionally calming vibes.

It's a long time since I've sat down and just focused on meditation music with no aim in mind other than to ride the vibe. Recently, I've been doing specific meditations that have definite aims to help improve different aspects of my being- becoming more grounded, working on forgiveness... and I will shortly be committed to empowering good health which is 100% essential going forwards (maybe you have noticed the more spasmodic posts recently!) That is why I say, 'commit to good health,' which has to be my greatest priority for the rest of the year. Anyway, back to this incredible experience.

I prepared myself to meditate prior to turning on the video- spiritual protection, deep breaths & full body relaxation. I find it far better to prepare than jump straight in because this enables us to receive right from the onset. Today, the only intention I held was to remain focused on the music and see where it took me. With the opening bars I suddenly thought 'Eagle,' and felt as if I were an eagle. I'm not saying I morphed into an eagle, although once I actually felt as if I were morphing into a lion which was a very peculiar experience. Today I felt the power of the eagle. Initially I was inflight and came to rest on a nest in the mountains. At this point I decided to milk the experience and imagined I was the eagle, feeling my feet grip tight while I looked around from this vantage point. I needed to fly again and as I focused on my arms I felt the power of my wings (the energy, not actual wings) as they began to stretch and beat before soaring into the sky. I tried to look through the eagle's eyes and am not sure how successful that was, however, I did see the land sweeping past below. Suddenly it was time to descend down into a mountain stream and I could feel my mouth pull like a beak as the eagle hit the water, diving below and snapping a fish in its powerful beak (I did not bite a fish!) Before you knew it, we were back in the air and headed for the nest. Funny, as soon as we landed my mind went, 'seagull,' and the scenario changed.

It's a very strange experience suddenly swapping birds and finding yourself on a British beach strutting with that classic seagull walk across the stones while looking for food. All the power of the eagle had gone, wiped out in an instant as its powerful individuality was erased by a flock creature who was individually taking part in a community activity. That caused pause for thought. I felt comfortable whereas the eagle felt edgy yet in control. As a seagull you are aware of other seagulls and whatever else is going on in the environment you simply focus on the task in hand- food first! But at the same time, are ever ready to move as the danger might be real. That is the sense I experience whilst picking through the stones. The seagull experience was more grounded and pedestrian as I didn't fly much at all, just a quick glide. As I said, it's a feeling of awareness regarding the seagull- I did not become a seagull. 

When I analyse the two experiences I believe it was showing the infinite power we have when we chose to go on our own path rather than be one of the flock. The comfort zone lies within the flock whereas an individual needs to engage their awareness and inner strength at all times. Although we may not think so, we are more vulnerable as part of the flock due to the predictability factor. The world knows what its preying on, whereas by making your own moves you keep others guessing.

I found this experience interesting and it has encouraged me to do more musical meditations. I do find that I receive intuitive experiences when undertaking my own meditation. Like many others, I find it hard to envisage the process during guided meditation and am often worrying over the details. example; 'imagine yourself on a chair'- I pick a very simple wooden chair- 'now turn the dial on the side of the chair.' My chair does not have arms, so I have to interrupt my thoughts and redesign it to incorporate arms with a dial. Once you've been through an excellent guided meditation and know what's coming you are prepared! But I still think that it's good to be still and open to whatever our higher self needs us to address and this is done by sitting with yourself. The term, 'Word Magician' came to many many years ago in the stillness of meditation so I know that allowing for personal interpretation on a regular basis is good practice. For this reason it makes sense to decide what you think you need to focus on and select some suitable guided meditations for that purpose- it's often best to stick with one for a while which will enable you to go deeper- remember the power of practice but don't allow yourself to become bored with it or you will lose focus.

I have a few articles pertaining to meditation on this blog, which you can find using the search box, and here is a link to one that is great for getting started- I used it when I was totally unable to meditate.
Let me know your thoughts and experiences in the comments! Thank you.

Please subscribe to our YouTube channel at  Its Braap TV & contact me via my Facebook group if you would like to contribute to  Its Braap Thank you. Jaz McKenzie~ The Word Magician


Comments